« SK Blog Stats for 2/1/08 | Main | Lottery Ticket Strategy (MacArthur's DML Continued) »

February 02, 2008

2008 Themes for Swift Kick

1) WORK IN THE OPEN



Like the jewelry maker, we want to work in the open for every to see how we do what we do. Share our work whether raw or polished. Share our work with others and have others share with us. It takes a village to grow an idea.

Education is best served in the open and not behind walled gardens. We are in education and  thus want to be open. We want to push the idea of being an open source, open content education company. Though we are a for-profit company, income is #5 on our list of motivations for building Swift Kick. Just ask us about our personal bank accounts and you'll see what we mean :)


2) EXPAND OUR SURFACE AREA



When we started we were a tiny fish. The past 3 years we grew to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond. We went to the same conferences each year and though it was a great start for us, it's time to expand out and see what other areas of education there are. It's time to expand the pond we are swimming in. What other conferences can we attend? What other people can we meet? What other communities can we connect with?


3) STRENGTHEN THE COMMUNITY



Imagine going to a dance where no one knows each other. The DJ could put on the hottest music of the day and chances are very few people would dance. Now Imagine going to a dance were everyone knows each other and are friends. The DJ could put on the Happy Birthday song and chances are people would go wild. Why? Relationships.

Building relationships is one of the key principles of our Dance Floor Theory Leadership Training, and we want to take the same idea and exponentially apply it to our entire community. We want to strengthen the current relationships we have, strengthen new relationships, provide a platform to help others strengthen their relationships.


4) THINK BIGGER THAN WE KNOW HOW



We know what we know, and we don't know what we don't know. We want to hire/consult with people who are more skilled than us. We want to hire/consult with people that can teach us, guide us, and grow us. Swift Kick has a lot of potential and we've only tapped 2% so far, we want to know what the other 98% looks like.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341d413853ef00e5502ec7ef8834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference 2008 Themes for Swift Kick:

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus